About SkillsUSA Rhode Island
SkillsUSA’s mission is to help its members become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens.
Preparing for leadership in the world of work.
What it Does
- Provides a common language for students to articulate what they gain from SkillsUSA participation to employers, administrators, parents and other students.
- Assesses student skill development along a learning continuum of awareness, demonstration and mastery.
- Creates a vision for SkillsUSA programs at the local, state, and national levels to ensure quality student-led experiences that build skills in all members.
Why it Works
- Empowers every student to achieve career success.
- Delivers a skill set demanded in business and industry but lacking in many employees today.
- Ensures that every student member receives a consistent and specific skill set.
Nationally, more than 300,000 students and advisors join SkillsUSA annually, organized into more than 17,000 sections and 54 state and territorial associations.Combining alumni and lifetime membership, the total number impacted is more than 320,000.SkillsUSA has served more than 10.5 million members.
SkillsUSA programs also help to establish industry standards for job skill training in the lab and classroom, and promote community service. SkillsUSA is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and is cited as a “successful model of employer-driven youth development training program” by the U.S. Department of Labor.
2019-2020 SkillsUSA National Skills and Leadership Conference Theme
The Chapter Excellence Program
By participating in program of work activities, SkillsUSA chapters become channels for meaningful student growth. Students take part in planning, organization, and implementation of activities, which develops their skills and builds character. The CEP recognizes these efforts by offering every chapter an opportunity to attain measurable competencies in pursuit of the framework.